French Society for Metallurgy and
WHAT IS SF2M?
SF2M*, the French Society for Metallurgy and
Materials, gathers around 1000 members (from university and industry)
and 6 societies (industrial groups or federations).
It is a meeting point, for exchanging and working together for all
members of a scientific and professional, French and international community
in the field of "metallurgy and materials".
WHAT ARE IT'S MISSIONS?
- contribute to the performance improvement of all its members through
information circulation about the progress of Sciences and technological
- contribute to the image improvement for the scientific and technical
profession in the field of materials and promote this occupation among
- represent its members among other scientific associations in France
and in foreign countries.
WHAT DOES SF2M DO?
It co-ordinates and
- the edition of a year-book which is updated and distributed every
year to all its members;
- the information of its members through the SF2M info bulletin
distributed every month;
- the organisation of national and international congresses and the
diffusion of the papers which are presented;
- the organisation of its committees' and working groups' meetings.
- the maintenance and updating of its web site
- information on the association and committees' actions,
- materials data**,
- information on French laboratories and on competences in the field
- papers from the presentation at the various SF2M congress,
- links with sister associations and other organisations, jobs and
- the development of partnership actions with sister associations in
France or in Foreign countries (SFP, SFC, A3TS, ASM, TMS, DGM, SVMT, AIM
- It is a founding member of the "Fédération Française des Matériaux"
(FFM), of "Groupe d'Action pour la Physique" (G2P) and of the Federation
of European Materials Societies (FEMS).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
You are welcomed
- participating in the activity of its thematic committees and its
regional sections or its working groups;
- proposing to start new groups or new committees;
- proposing the organisation of meetings and events under the cover of
- becoming an active member of its institutional organization.
Please consult the
benefits of being a member.
* Non-profit scientific association
** These data are communicated to SF2M members only.
SF2M site map
GFC - SF2M common site welcome
GFC - SF2M site map